Inked Toad Press is an independent publishing company
under the DiTaGroup LLC umbrella.
See the Gallery
We represent the next step up from self-publishing. Inked Toad Press is a go-to independent small press for the playful or the deeply literary.
We champion all writers, new or established. We take chances with all writers and go places where you might not expect. Our mission is to support independent authors through the publishing process with affordable services such as editing, design, and printing. We can make your work accessible with minimal costs.Direct author to reader with a new breed of middleman
The rise of the “authorpreneur” and indie publishers
Decline of major publishers
Expanded eBook subscriptions
Increase in self-published books in the retail world
It’s safe to say that self-publishing is not a fad – it’s here to stay as long as the internet is around, and will only continue to evolve.
In fact, the self-publishing industry is now entering a new phase. This phase will be direct sales from author to reader by way of subscription models, crowd sourced funding, and other income streams. There is a new option - a small indy press like Inked Toad Press. We will take your book of poetry to a published copy stage where you can choose how to market and sell it. We take the stress out of "self-publishing."
To summarize, self-publishing trends focus on the increased opportunities for authors to use technology and the internet to build sustainable businesses and writing careers.
Some forecasted industry trends are:
The key takeaway is that indie press self-publishing allows authors to publish their writing and share their stories with the world.
In fact, you don’t even have to pass through the "traditional publishing" gatekeeper to become an author.
Today, writers and storytellers are more empowered than they ever have been in history.
In today’s publishing marketplace, indie press self-published authors are leading the race. Now, as an authorpreneur, you have total control over the cover design, content, and distribution of your book when you work with Inked Toad Press.
It is your heart - part of who you are. Sometimes you just want it for yourself or family and other times you might want to share it with the rest of the world.
DiTa Group LLC
A Sampling of Poetry
Inked Toad Press is an independent publishing company under the DiTa Group LLC umbrella. They are located in Maine. Publish form poetry, free verse or prose poetry.
Chapbooks and full length books are available. Work one-to-one with the publisher, DiTa.
My memory of DiTa’s work in assembling and publishing "Dooryards Under Monhegan Sky," a collection of several poets’ poems, happily including some of mine, is filled with a sense of her thoughtful and thorough approach. Even more important, her artistic sensibilities are evident still as I look at the completed book again. I remain impressed with both its content and cover design, organization, choices and sequence of poems from beginning to end. I look forward to joining in further projects with Inked Toad Press. - Hadassa Wisch
I had the pleasure of publishing my first poetry chapbook entitled "Between the Panes" with Inked Toad Press late in 2021. I found them very easy to work with as they did all the work of publication and offered very helpful edits as well. I was very pleased with the final product and the opportunities I was provided to proofread it before it was deemed final.
They were instrumental in helping me choose a title and a picture to go with it. I have had more compliments on the title and cover than on any single poem inside! I would recommend Inked Toad Press to anyone who wants to publish their poetry. I would definitely use them in future if the need arises for me.
Robert Paul Allen
A Goldfinch's Winter Garden
Reach Up a Trap a Handful of Sky
*Dooryards Under Monhegan Sky
The One and Only OceanView Grange Cookbook
how a panther must hold a raven
ten thousand trains
his silent song
A Taste of Ink
east meets west
the gratitude basket
Redfox and Whitebear
*Between the Panes
Inked Toad Press is a small indie publishing endeavor. We publish form poetry, free verse or prose poetry in chapbooks and full-length books.
We accept submissions year-round. We can make your dream a reality, your words into a book.
The author must hold all rights to their submitted work.
Manuscripts may include poems that have been previously published in periodicals, anthologies, chapbooks, or on the web, but the manuscript may not have been published as a larger body of work.
You may submit a chapbook length manuscript of 20-40 pages or a full-length manuscript of 42-88 pages in a single word (docx.) document via email attachments.
• The text must be written in English.
• Include your writer's bio including publications (no publications are necessary).
• Please include an acknowledgments page if needed, this a list of poems that have published in journals, magazines, chapbooks, or anthologies.
• Each poem should start on a new page.
• Please be sure that your submission is your final version, unless you are requesting editing of any kind. We can make it right.
• We only accept word docx. manuscripts attached to emails to Inkedtoad@gmail.com
• It’s always free to submit. There are no fees to submit and start the conversation with Inked Toad Press.
• We can take your pile of poems and turn them into a book.
• Fees will be determined on size (number of pages) and complexity of the project, including how much editing is required and creation of covers.
• Your book will also receive an ISBN number and you can decide where you want it to be made available (Global Distribution or just you).
• Most work is published within 2-16 weeks of acceptance depending on size and content.
• Basic Fees are from $200-$600.
• Price per copy is the publishing fee; you can choose to have 1 copy or 100s of copies and you can have as many reprints as you like.
• Cost per copy will depend on size of book, number of pages, and illustrations.
• There will be appropriate shipping fees.
• You’re welcome to include images with your written work. (Note: black and white images add no additional cost to the project whereas colored images do add overall cost and require white gloss paper.)
• We can create your cover, provide art or use your art.
• You can submit a title for your work or have our Content Editor do it.
• Book reviews/Blurbs can be added to the back cover with your author photo.
Work may need to be copy &/or content edited. Copy editing is the process of reviewing and correcting written material to improve accuracy, readability, and fitness for its purpose, and to ensure that it is free of error, omission, inconsistency, and repetition; in the context of publication in print, copy editing is done before the first proof print and again after the first proof.
Copy editing refers to editing in terms of spelling, punctuation, and correct usage of grammatical symbols.
We can also provide content editing also known as substantive editing, that is the editing of material, including its structure and organization, to correct internal inconsistencies and discrepancies; content editing may require heavy editing or rewriting as compared to mechanical editing.
Covers: we can create your cover & provide artwork or use your image.
A shortened bio and photo will be included on back cover.
We will not sell your books for you.
We do not do marketing or advertising.
We will not contact book stores.
Please note: All rights to published work remain with the author; you always keep your copyright.
Call us: 207.542.9207
Email Inked Toad Press
Inked Toad Press
Located in Maine